Sunday, December 16, 2012

Introduction to a Cluster Headache Survivor

I have a rare neurological disease called "Cluster Headaches" or more commonly known as "Suicide Headaches" for obvious reasons. I am starting this blog to connect, help and provide assistance to others in need to help educate others who know, be related to or possibly work with someone with this condition.

Cluster Headaches affect less than 0.01% of the worlds population. There is Chronic like me and Episodic.I have been chronic for over 7+ years.
The disease is life altering, and been clinically noted as 'The Worlds Most Pain full Disease On the Planet Known to Medical Science" quoted by Dr.Peter Goadsby.
The attacks range from 30 min to 3 hours long every attack. The intensity is different for each attack. I get anywhere from 1 to 15 per day everyday.
I have had 4 brain surgeries thus far.

I am a happily married Christian man. My beautiful wife is my lifeline of support who I love more and more each day and my son is the reason I continue to fight each day.He is a strong young man and I am forever proud of him. He has always been by my side. I have 2 dogs. Bella and Buster. Buster is a rescue.
I am a car guy and probably one of the biggest Elvis fans you will ever meet. My wife says I am a wikipedia when it comes to knowledge of Elvis.
I will post more of my story, my journey and speak more.
My life has never been monotone. It has always been extreme highs and lows. From my passion of cars to meeting world famous stars, its been a journey.
I hope through this blog, some others can find solidarity and comfort knowing they are not alone.
God Bless and Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment